Should you get a Trimix shot for male enhancement and dermal filler for girth treatment? What are the side effects and available patient services?
Alright! What is a penile injection? It’s something you inject to produce an erection. After injecting the medicine it will increase the blood flow to the penile shaft. As a result, an erection will occur, and it will last nearly 5 to 15 minutes.1 Hence, you can enjoy sex with your partner.
Alprostadil is an injectable medicine that is used for erectile dysfunction. This will be injected into a specific injection site as it helps produce an erection for sexual intercourse.2
- READ MORE: VigFX Review
- READ MORE: Penis Enlargement Bible Review
- READ MORE: Phallosan Forte Review
- READ MORE: Sizegenetics Review
Why Should I Use ED Injections?
Nowadays, most men don’t get regular erections, so they tried a lot of ways. But, some get the result, and some of them are unable because of their body condition. Yes, based on the status of the body, you will experience effects. Most men suffer from abnormal erections because of tension, stress, and anxiety.3
Usually, if you take the proper ED treatment for your erection, then you will get the right solution for it. There are many types of procedures available for erectile dysfunction, but some of them come with side effects.
If you want to get the right treatment options for yourself without suffering from any side effects, then get the best treatment by using penis pumps, supplements, and extenders.4
What Are The Conventional Steps To Take For Penile Injection Therapy?
Are you interested to know how to do penile injection therapy in the right way?
If so, then read the points that are mentioned;
- First and foremost, before you are going to take penile injection therapy for a firmer erection, you should check the expiration date on the medication bottle.5
- After that hold the medication bottle correctly so that your fingers don’t touch the rubber stopper on the bottle and you can easily insert the needle into it successfully without any agitation.
- Keep in mind that you should remove the needle cover properly. Moreover, handle the needle safely. In case, if it touches any objects, it may become contaminated.
- Place the needle in the center of the stopper then push it down which means to push the air from the syringe out. After that, you should slowly draw the medicine into the needle.
- Keep in your mind, that there are no bubbles that have gotten inside of the syringe. In case, if you draw the medicine and notice bubbles, you won’t be able to inject the medication into the penis properly. Sometimes, you will feel a painful injection
- If you happen to see bubbles inside the syringe, then interchange the plunger in and out slowly, so the air bubbles in the needle get removed so you can inject the medicine into the penis without getting any pain.
- Yes, it is considered a significant step before doing the intracavernosal injection you should analyze the injection site.6 Moreover, don’t forget to wipe with the help of an alcohol swab wipe.
- After that, hold the tip of your penis smoothly with the help of your inner thigh. Finally, inject the medication. For that, you should place the needle at the position of 90 degrees which means you should hold the stylus like a pen.
- Push the needle slowly so the medicine will gradually enter your body. For that, you should keep holding the needle for 8-10 seconds gently. Again, remove the needle. After a few seconds, you will feel pain so apply the pressure with the help of your fingers so you will feel relaxed and the discomfort will subside. (Source)
Do the process mentioned above properly so you will not only get the quickest results but also your body will be ready to offer you firm erections.
Is Penile Injection Therapy Useful For Erectile Dysfunction?
Viagra is one of the standard drugs for impotence. Not only that but also many more drugs are available for impotence. But, the problem is the side effects. Most of the drugs in the open market will present side effects to your body which so many people suffer from.7
Without any doubt, it is not the best option for you. Amazingly! It can provide the results for you but at the expense of side effects. If you use an injection, then you will be ready to perform in bed within 10 minutes.
What Are The Benefits Of Injections For ED?
Commonly, you all know that when compared to the other treatments most doctors do not recommend injection for ED because there are so many minimally invasive surgery options available. Keep reading to understand more about injections for ED.
- At first, the people who are using injections will get relief from nerve injury. Why? The active medication will directly enter into your penis so it will heal any of the nerves damaged in your body.8
- Mostly, the penile erection will not occur due to the blood vessel being damaged. For that, if you are using injections, then it will locate the damaged blood vessels, and expands them to accommodate more blood flow without the associated pain.9
- In case you are getting a painful erection, the most important reason for that would be because the penile tissue is damaged. Most researchers say that injections can cure damaged erectile tissue. So, after analyzing the problem, take the injection so you will get the right result within a short time.10
- Don’t go directly to surgery. Sometimes it may fail so you will be suffering from it a lot. It is better to consult your healthcare provider and take the right treatment.
Rules To Follow While Injecting The Medication Into The Penis:
Let’s discuss some of the most important rules to follow. If you want to get the best results from injections, try to follow the below-mentioned points.
- First and foremost, before you begin injecting the medication, you should determine the right area. After selecting it, make sure whether the chosen area has any superficial veins or not.11
- Take the alcohol swab and wipe the chosen area for injection gently so that your penis will be ready for the infusion of the medication.12
- While going to inject the medication, choose the side portion and inject it so you will get a quick result also the needle should be positioned at a 90-degree angle.13
- Once you complete the injection process, you should not inject it again in the same place. In case you have to reinject, choose the alternative side to insert so you will not feel pain.14
- Commonly, the injection can act within 5-10 minutes. After applying the dose, you will get a firm erection. But, keep in your mind, once you inject, you should leave your penis for up to 48-72 hours which means you should not further inject for up to 2 days.
- Try to avoid the needle that you inject before and dispose of the needles carefully. If you don’t know how to pump the medication, then better to consult a doctor. They will guide you in the best way.
- Finally, choose the right medication and get the correct volume to inject. Why? Because if you pump the drug in a higher amount you may suffer from side effects.
- Erectile dysfunction can occur due to depression as well as high blood pressure. If you suffer from depression or high blood pressure, then don’t do a penile self-injection. Consult your doctor then take the right decision for injections for ED.
- Moreover, you can inject three times a week to get a firm erection. In case you over-inject you will suffer from some common side effects of pain and plaque formation, etc.15
- While going to inject the medications, you should be relaxing your body. If you are feeling tense, try to relax. So, you will get a firm erection as soon as possible without putting in any effort.
- If your erection lasts longer than 4 hours (priapism), then instantly consult the doctor.16
Dangers Of Using Injections:
Above, we have discussed a lot about injections, and here are some of the side effects.17
- There may be a chance for an unusual discharge from the penis.
- You may feel pain in the penis, legs, and urethra.
- A severe headache
- Redness of and prolonged erection
- There might be chances of dizziness and back pain.
These are some of the common side effects that men will undergo if they use injections.
Is It Safe To Use Extenders, Oral ED medication, And Penis Pumps?
Yes, it is safe to use the extenders, supplements, and pumps. If you’re using penile injections, it will help for producing an erection for only a few minutes. Hence, it is a temporary based erection.
On the contrary, if you’re using either penis extenders or penis supplements, then you can increase the size of the penis permanently. Moreover, it will not harm your sexual health either.18
Using supplements such as VigRX Plus, ExtenZe, Male Extra or ProSolution Plus Pills is indeed an excellent alternative for enlargement in a productive way. Consuming these supplements not only helps to increase the length of the penis but also you can see some changes in the width of the penis as well due to increased blood flow.
Most people think that supplements are full of nasty chemicals. But, it’s not like that; some of the supplements are enriched with natural ingredients, especially the ones we have mentioned.19 To achieve the best results, you should select the best all-natural supplement to increase the size of your penis.
Penis pumps are also better to use and give visible results as soon as you use them.20 The only two recommended ones would be either the BathMate or Penomet.
A recent survey shows that lots of men are feeling anxious about their penis size21 and looking for the best ways to prove their manhood to their girls. This is due to several reasons. Yes, being bigger will make men feel confident in front of their partner and they can please their partner during sexual activity.
It can touch the deep nerves of the vagina as it helps to trigger the women’s orgasm.22 This is the best way to gain your girl’s attraction towards you.
You’ve understood the possible methods to enlarge your penis with zero side effects. Hence, choosing the practical approach that helps you to increase the length, is all up to you now. This is because not every method will be ideal for every man. At the same time, as a man, you should be aware of the harmful processes.
Typically, penis enlargement pills and supplements might be filled with hazardous chemicals,23 but some herbal capsules are also available on the market which will help you to increase the size of the penis naturally without any damage.
Choose one of the following; VigRX Plus, Male Extra, ExtenZe, or ProSolution Plus Pills. They are the safest and contain only natural herbal ingredients that are scientifically proven to work without any side effects at all.
- READ MORE: VigRx Plus Review
- READ MORE: Male Extra Review
- READ MORE: Prosolution Plus Review
- READ MORE: Extenze Review
In this article, we have discussed one so-called efficient way; injection. When comparing pumps, belts, and weights, using the penis pumps is a useful way to grow bigger. We hope you’re aware of the benefits and dangers of the injections. Hence, take much care while using injections.
- Viljoen IM, Barry R, Pienaar C, Steynberg A, Nel CJ. Changes in penile skin blood flow following intracavernosal injection of papaverine. S Afr Med J. 1992;81(4):215-217.
- Moncada I, Martinez-Salamanca J, Ruiz-Castañe E, Romero J. Combination therapy for erectile dysfunction involving a PDE5 inhibitor and alprostadil. Int J Impot Res. 2018;30(5):203-208. doi:10.1038/s41443-018-0046-2
- Velurajah R, Brunckhorst O, Waqar M, McMullen I, Ahmed K. Erectile dysfunction in patients with anxiety disorders: a systematic review [published online ahead of print, 2021 Feb 18]. Int J Impot Res. 2021;10.1038/s41443-020-00405-4. doi:10.1038/s41443-020-00405-4
- Shridharani AN, Brant WO. The treatment of erectile dysfunction in patients with neurogenic disease. Transl Androl Urol. 2016;5(1):88-101. doi:10.3978/j.issn.2223-4683.2016.01.07
- Trissel LA, Zhang Y. Long-term stability of trimix: a three-drug injection used to treat erectile dysfunction. Int J Pharm Compd. 2004;8(3):231-235.
- McAllister, Bría J., and Alvaro E. Bazo. “Patient’s perspectives of injection‐site pain in intracavernosal therapy.” International Journal of Urological Nursing.
- Tsertsvadze, A., Yazdi, F., Fink, H. A., MacDonald, R., Wilt, T. J., Bella, A. J., Ansari, M. T., Garritty, C., Soares-Weiser, K., Daniel, R., Sampson, M., & Moher, D. (2009). Oral sildenafil citrate (viagra) for erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis of harms. Urology, 74(4), 831–836.e8.
- Montorsi, F., Guazzoni, G., Strambi, L. F., Da Pozzo, L. F., Nava, L., Barbieri, L., Rigatti, P., Pizzini, G., & Miani, A. (1997). Recovery of spontaneous erectile function after nerve-sparing radical retropubic prostatectomy with and without early intracavernous injections of alprostadil: results of a prospective, randomized trial. The Journal of urology, 158(4), 1408–1410.
- Beckman, T. J., Abu-Lebdeh, H. S., & Mynderse, L. A. (2006). Evaluation and medical management of erectile dysfunction. Mayo Clinic proceedings, 81(3), 385–390.
- Albaugh, J., & Ferrans, C. E. (2009). Patient-reported pain with initial intracavernosal injection. The journal of sexual medicine, 6(2), 513–519.
- Lue, T. F., Hricak, H., Schmidt, R. A., & Tanagho, E. A. (1986). Functional evaluation of penile veins by cavernosography in papaverine-induced erection. The Journal of urology, 135(3), 479–482.
- Narus, Joseph B. “Intracavernosal injection training.” Atlas of Office Based Andrology Procedures. Springer, Cham, 2017. 117-127.
- Stormont, G., & Deibert, C. M. (2021). Penile Injection And Aspiration. In StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing.
- Hirsch LJ, Strauss KW. The Injection Technique Factor: What You Don’t Know or Teach Can Make a Difference. Clin Diabetes. 2019;37(3):227-233. doi:10.2337/cd18-0076
- Nelson CJ, Saracino RM, Napolitano S, Pessin H, Narus JB, Mulhall JP. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to Increase Adherence to Penile Injection Therapy-Based Rehabilitation After Radical Prostatectomy: Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial. J Sex Med. 2019;16(9):1398-1408. doi:10.1016/j.jsxm.2019.05.013
- Shigehara K, Namiki M. Clinical Management of Priapism: A Review. World J Mens Health. 2016;34(1):1-8. doi:10.5534/wjmh.2016.34.1.1
- Costabile RA, Mammen T, Hwang K. An overview and expert opinion on the use of alprostadil in the treatment of sexual dysfunction. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2008;9(8):1421-1429. doi:10.1517/146565126.96.36.1991
- Halpern, Joshua A., Jeremy D. Lai, and Nelson E. Bennett. “Textbook of Male Genitourethral Reconstruction: Penile Augmentation, Fact or Fiction.” Textbook of Male Genitourethral Reconstruction (2020): 765-781.
- Shah GR, Chaudhari MV, Patankar SB, Pensalwar SV, Sabale VP, Sonawane NA. Evaluation of a multi-herb supplement for erectile dysfunction: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:155. Published 2012 Sep 15. doi:10.1186/1472-6882-12-155
- Smith AE, Molton IR, McMullen K, Jensen MP. Sexual Function, Satisfaction, and Use of Aids for Sexual Activity in Middle-Aged Adults with Long-Term Physical Disability. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil. 2015;21(3):227-232. doi:10.1310/sci2103-227
- Pastoor H, Gregory A. Penile Size Dissatisfaction. J Sex Med. 2020;17(7):1400-1404. doi:10.1016/j.jsxm.2020.03.015
- Hensel DJ, von Hippel CD, Lapage CC, Perkins RH. Women’s techniques for making vaginal penetration more pleasurable: Results from a nationally representative study of adult women in the United States. PLoS One. 2021;16(4):e0249242. Published 2021 Apr 14. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0249242
- ElAmrawy F, ElAgouri G, Elnoweam O, Aboelazayem S, Farouk E, Nounou MI. Adulterated and Counterfeit Male Enhancement Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements Pose a Real Threat to the Management of Erectile Dysfunction: A Global Perspective. J Diet Suppl. 2016;13(6):660-693. doi:10.3109/19390211.2016.1144231
Shahrokh Shariat, MDProf. Shariat has published over 1400 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals. In 2014 he received the Matula Award from the European Society of Urology (EAU), in 2017 the Gold Cystoscope Award from the American Society of Urology, probably the most important urologist award worldwide.
Pearly Penile Papules: PPP Treatment Laser Removal Or Other Options?
PPP Treatment For Penis Bumps. Men's Medical Skin Conditions Causes, Symptoms, And Diagnosis? Dermatology Clinic Laser Removal Or Online Doctor?
Penis Enlargement Surgery Cost: Penile Enhancement Procedures
How Much Are Penile Enhancement Procedures Prices? Male Plastic Girth And Lengthening Services. Cosmetic Penuma Implant Or Medical Phalloplasty And…
Permanent Penis Enlargement: Non Surgical Procedure
Penile Enhancement Methods Without Surgery, Fillers, Or Cosmetic Procedures. Without Andrology Or Phalloplasty. Men Can Get An Increase In Size.…
Penis Enlargement Surgery: Male Penile Enhancement Procedures
Male Penile Enhancement Procedures. Lengthening And Girth Cosmetic And Plastic Surgical Penoplasty And Phalloplasty Services Explained.
Peyronie’s Disease: Bent Penis Causes, Conditions, Symptoms & Treatment For Penile Curvature
Urology Health Treatment For Penile Curvature. Men's Curved Penis Causes, Conditions, And Symptoms For A Bent Penis.